Encona Carolina Reaper Chicken Wings
Cooking Time: 50 mins Prep time: 10 mins
475g chicken wings
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 spring onion, sliced finely lengthways
1 red chilli, finely sliced
For the marinade
4 tbsp Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp zest and 1 tbsp juice from a lime
2 cloves of garlic, finely grated
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp flaked sea salt
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the marinade.
2) Add the chicken wings to the marinade, and use your hands to toss so each one is covered completely. Tip the wings and marinade into a resalable sandwich bag (you may need to use two) and place in the fridge for at least two hours, or overnight if possible.
3) Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
4) Spread the wings out in a single layer and pour over half of the remaining marinade. Roast for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
5) Pour away any cooking oil then, using a pastry brush, apply the rest of the marinade to the wings. Increase the oven temperature to 200ºC, and place the wings back into the oven for 20 minutes.
6) Sprinkle with sesame seeds as soon as the wings are out of the oven and serve garnished with the sliced spring onion and chill.