Encona Reaper Tex Mex Chicken Quesadilla
Cooking Time: 25 mins Prep time: 15 mins
4 chicken skinless breasts
3 tbsp Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce, plus extra to serve
200g cherry tomatoes, finely diced
1/2 red onion, diced
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
3/4 tsp flaked sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 ripe avocado
1 tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lime
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
200g cheddar, grated
a drizzle of Encona Texan Chilli BBQ Sauce
4 large tortilla wraps
a sprinkling of coriander, to serve
1) Preheat the oven to 170ºC. Lay the chicken breasts in a baking dish and using a pastry brush, brush the Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce over the chicken. Place into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the juices from the chicken run clear.
2) Meanwhile, prepare the accompaniments. To the make the salsa, combine the cherry tomatoes, red onion, coriander, ¼ tsp of the flaky sea salt, and the black pepper, mix and set aside.
3) For the guacamole, mash the avocado flesh with the oil and the remaining salt, an extra grind of black pepper, lime juice and smoked paprika.
4) Place a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. To assemble, spread half of each tortilla with the guacamole. Thinly slice the cooked chicken breasts, lay them on top of the guacamole, then top with the salsa. Sprinkle over the grated cheddar, then zig zag with a drizzle of Encona Texan Chilli BBQ sauce. Fold the tortilla over and place into the pan one at a time, pressing down slightly to allow the melted cheese to stick both sides of the tortilla together. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the tortilla is golden brown, then carefully flip and repeat on the other side. Repeat until all tortillas are cooked.
5) Cut each tortilla into three pieces and place onto a large platter to serve. Sprinkle with extra coriander and extra pots of Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce for dipping, if you dare!