Sourdough, Avo and Egg Stack with Reaper Hollandaise
Cooking Time: 20 mins Prep time: 5 mins
125 g unsalted butter, cubed
2 egg yolks
½ tsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 slices of sourdough bread
1 avocado, halved, de-stoned and sliced
1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Microherbs or chopped parsley
1) To start, make the reaper hollandaise by placing the butter into a saucepan and melting it on a low heat.
2) Make a bain-marie by pouring an inch of water into a small pan and putting over a low heat. Place a heatproof glass or metal bowl over the top, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
3) Add the egg yolks, white wine vinegar and a splash of water to the bowl and whisk continuously for 4-5 minutes until the mixture becomes lighter in colour and thicker in consistency.
4) Remove the bowl from the pan and slowly add the melted butter whilst continuing to whisk until you have a thick and creamy texture.
5) Add the lemon juice, Encona Limited Edition Carolina Reaper Chilli Sauce and salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside and keep warm.