Spiced Sweet Potato Patties
Cooking Time: 46 mins Prep time: 10 mins
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into rough chunks
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 spring onions, finely sliced
10 g fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tbsp Encona West Indian Extra Hot Pepper Sauce
1 tsp soft brown sugar
1 tsp ground allspice
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
70 g instant mashed potato flakes
2 tbsp oil
1) Put the sweet potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water and place on a high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until soft.
2) Drain the potatoes and mash until smooth. Set aside to cool.
3) Add the garlic, spring onions, coriander, Encona West Indian Extra Hot Pepper Sauce, brown sugar, allspice, salt and pepper to the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix all the ingredients together until combined.
4) Shape 10 patties out of the mixture and dust each patty in the mashed potato flakes.
5) Place a frying pan on a medium heat and add the oil to the pan. Fry the sweet potato patties for 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.